Thursday, September 27, 2007

Adding a paint can to a hand by drawing a cartoon into a photograph

I write articles about how to teach young children drawing and painting on programmes such as MS Paint and Photoshop My latest effort is called Creating Mood and Atmosphere
Theatre is Artificially Constructed Ambiance

The picture above is a small one I created when I needed to have a picture of Mary MacKillop holding a spray can. I was making this for a book cover. All I did was take a picture of the saint and scan it into Photoshop. I then cropped the hand right down to a managable size and then copied and pasted it into Paint.
I drew the can in place with the Line Tool and the Pencil Tool- coloured it and then copied it - pasting it back straight on top of the other picture.

Once it was in place in photoshop I just cleaned it up with an eraser and it looks fairly real.

When I was looking for texture so that I could make the brick wall she was spraying paint on I found a link to a Photoshop Tutorial site called Painting Realistic Graffitti on a Brick Wall in Photoshop http://www.photoshop.0tutor.com/archive/17/Painting-realistic-graffiti-on-a-wall-in-photoshop.shtml
When I have entirely finished the whole picture I will post it here with a link to the article

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home